Tuesday, January 15, 2013

2 Months Without Washing My Hair


Well, its been two months since I stopped using shampoo and conditioner.  I tried to just do the water rinse about 2 weeks ago, and after a week my hair just felt like it was covered with a greasy residue.  I am using the baking soda and apple cider vinegar technique at this point, although sometimes if Claire is asleep, I do just rinse with water.  What I did initially was make a paste out of the baking soda and some water.  What I have found that works better for me is miking baking soda and water so that it is basically just dissolved in a liquid form.  This is much easier to distribute through your hair and easier to get it to the middle of the scalp, which was hard to access with a paste.  I can now use a squirt bottle of baking soda and water that I simply shake up before applying to the scalp, and another squirt bottle of apple cider vinegar and water that I squirt in at the end.  I have noticed that my hair smells like vinegar until it dries, but otherwise it looks and feels fine.  In the pictures below you can see my hair now.  I have not showered in 2 days... (showering later I swear!).  I have also had my hair in a pony tail since the last shower.  At what point after having a baby will I feel like doing something else with my hair?  I just don't see the point.  Anyway.  So far so good.  In another month I'll try the water only technique again. 




3 comments:

  1. I can't believe how good it looks! I feel gross when I miss a day of washing my hair! Looking forward to your future posts. I am learning a lot!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You hair looks great! I tried going 'no poo' cold turkey recently. It was not a pretty site. So I decided to wean off of shampoo instead. ;) went from washing daily to once every 2-3 days. My ultimate goal it to eventually rinse with only water. It already feels healthier.
    Looking forward to your updates!
    Your little one is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for posting! I think that I, too, am getting closer to just the water rinse, and am only doing vinegar and baking soda every 3-4 days. I am still adjusting to styling with no product, not that I style much, but my hair spends a lot of time in a ponytail these days!

      Delete